We all need a necklace that goes with everything, and this easy wire-work DIY is just that! Using wire, chain and some jump rings, you can create this light weight but detailed design, the perfect necklace for taking you from daytime to a night out!
You Will Need:
– 6 x 8mm jump rings
– 2 x 6mm jump rings
– Flush Cutters (normal cutters will work too-read a bout the difference here)
-Chunky marker pen or something approx 2cm diameter.
1. Cut 7 x 25cm / 10 inches of wire.
2. Using your marker pen or anything else you can find that it about 2cm in diameter, wrap one of the lengths of wire around twice, leaving 5cm on both ends free.
3. Bend the wire ends out at 90 degrees on opposite sides. Holding on to the loops with your pliers, wrap the ends tightly around the loop about 3 times. Try to get this as neat as you can, with the wrap sitting next to one another. Trim off any excess wire and gently squish down the end with the chainnose pliers. Repeat on the other side.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 with the other lengths of wire until you have 7 wire links.
5. Connect each of the links together using an 8mm jump ring (if you are unsure about the best way to do this check out this post!) until you have a chain.
6. Attach a length of chain to your links. I wanted a long necklace, so added 55cm / 22 inches of chain. This was long enough to reach over my head, but if you want a shorter necklace, you can easily add in a clasp. Why not try copper or gold colour, or even mix it up with bright colour coated wires?