These simple, rustic star decorations use wooden beads and some wire. You can even add some glitter for extra Christmas sparkle.
You will need-
-25 round wooden beads. I’m using 6mm ones, but you can use any size.
-Washi Tape. Helps hold the wire in place.
-Glitter glue. Well, it is Christmas.
1. Cut a 50cm length of wire. Thread on 10 beads, leaving a 10cm tail (you can use some tape to hold this bit of wire down and stop the bead coming off!)
2. Pick up the longer end of wire and thread it through the first bead you added, which will be the one at the shorter end of wire.
3.Pull the wires tightly to form a circle.
4. Thread 3 beads onto the longer end of wire, find the bead that this wire come out off, skip the next bead along and thread through the next. Gently pull the wire until the 3 beads make a point on the outside of the circle.
5. Repeat step 4 until you have five points. Both wires will now be coming out of the same bead, just on different sides.
6.You can just hang your star like this, but I prefer having the wires coming out of a point. To do this thread the short end of wire through the beads again to the nearest point. For the longer end, thread it round through the inner circle again and up the other side of the same point as the other end.
You can then add glitter or ribbons, or use larger 8mm beads. Let me know if you make your own Beaded Star Decorations by commenting with a link or message me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook! Happy Christmas crafting!
- Tutorial – Christmas Sequin and Yarn Garland
- Craft Blog Club Secret Santa!